Cambrian Indian Community (CIC), a 501(c)3 organization officially came into existence in the year 2014. This was the culmination of over a decade of hard work and community building efforts by many families living in the Cambrian Park neighborhood of San Jose, CA. Since then, the community has grown to encompass over 150 families who have participated in the various events of the CIC.
Foster a tighter community among the Cambrian Indian community including adults, children and senior citizens.
Encourage local talent and businesses.
Promote Indian culture targeting the Indian diaspora but not restricting to Indian families. All are welcome !
CIC Long-term Vision
- Host flagship events to promote a deeper awareness, knowledge and demonstration of Indian music, cultural traditions, and dance.
- Facilitate events to allow for atypical community members’ interest, for eg. quiz, karaoke, etc.
- Conduct events that are very directly targeted to foster a deeper relationships between children living in the community.
- Play a significant role in charitable giving and encourage philanthropic activities within the community and also external to the community.
- Engage in active community organizing to lend a voice to the larger Cambrian, San Jose, and wider communities as well.
- Interactions can be of a purely social, political nature as long as it doesn’t conflict with the CIC charter of not being unduly favorable to any one particular person or organization.
- Provide a physical location for entrepreneurs in the community to host classes/commerce for the larger community.
The current Members of the Board and Officers of Cambrian Indian Community are:
Krithika Santhanam (Dir/VP/Secretary)
Rangaprabhu Parthasarathy (Dir.)
Sachin Holla (Dir.)
Manish Sabu (Treasurer)
For a brief writeup on some of our past events, see here.
Here is an introduction video for the CIC Board that was unveiled during the 2014 Diwali event.